Mother's Nature Color Code
Mother Nature has a habit of putting lots of healthy vitamins and minerals into foods that grow in the dirt, but did you know she took the trouble to color-code them for our convenience?
- green foods contain antioxidants and nutrients that promote healthy vision
- orange and deep yellow foods also help promote healthy vision, plus they contain vitamins that boost your immune system
- purple and blue foods contain antioxidants that provide anti-aging benefits, plus they help with memory, and urinary tract health
- red foods are good for heart health, vision, and your immune system
- some white, tan, and brown foods have nutrients that promote heart health
- bonus: each of these colors also help reduce your risk of cancer!
Of course, these aren’t the only benefits to eating a more colorful, plant-based diet. These kinds of foods also provide a good source of fiber, a boost in mental function, and tons of other feel-good perks.
So make your plate a rainbow of color and celebrate good nutrition all year long!
How are you going to eat more colors this month?